I always struggle with packing, especially my makeup! I end up bringing too much then not using half of it or going bare faced most of my trip. I never knew how to pack makeup for travel, until now!
With traveling a lot lately I’ve noticed that my lack of decent packing skills has left me feeling stressed and overwhelmed with too many items and things I probably didn’t need to pack to begin with. I’ve started challenging myself to pack less and be smarter with the things I bring with me, starting with my makeup. Instead of taking my whole big makeup bag and stuffing it into my suitcase, I tried using actual travel sized makeup and packing them in a small bag, also only packing the makeup I plan on using an no “just in case” items. Here’s my list!
Travel Sized Make up Brushes
- Ecotools travel sized makeup brushes: I love these tiny makeup brushes, they’re so cute and save lots a space in my bag! I also use my oval makeup brush for my concealer & foundation. (Purchased at Ulta Beauty)
- Neutrogena Shine Control Primer: I’ve been using this primer forever & I absolutely love it! My skin can get a bit oily, but I like that this primer helps with the shiny spots that show up on my forehead. Plus it’s already travel sized, perfect! (Purchased at Target, can also be found at Walmart, Walgreens & CVS)
Foundation & Concealer
- Maybelline Dream Cushion Liquid Foundation: This foundation is new to my makeup collection; but since purchasing it, I have been really happy with it. I like that its in a compact so I don’t have to worry about any foundation spilling out. (Purchased at Target, can also be found at Walmart, Walgreens & CVS)
- Nars Cream Concealer: Another newbie to my collection, but also a product i’m really happy with! I love the amount of coverage I get from this product. (Purchased at Sephora)
- Maybelline Concealer: I’ve been using this concealer for years, it’s one of my favorites and a go to.
Eye Shadow, Mascara, and Eyeliner
- Smashbox Eye Shadow Palette: I love this Smashbox photo matte travel palette because it doesn’t take up a bunch of space in my makeup bag and it’s also perfect to throw in your purse for a quick everyday look. I also picked up a L’Oreal and Ulta single eyeshadow palette and a eyeshadow palette from Forever 21. (Purchased Smashbox Travel Palette from Sephora)
- Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara: I love love love this mascara! I don’t have any issues with clumping or flaking off like other mascaras i’ve used in the past. (Purchased at Target, can also be found at Walmart, Walgreens & CVS)
- Laura Mercier Setting Powder: I recently bought this Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier, and i’m really happy that I found it! Usually I just pack my regular sized setting powder which makes a mess, plus it’s so big and clunky. I think this is the perfect size & I can’t wait to use it!
Cheek Stain & Highlighter
- Benefit Lip & Cheek Tint/ Benefit Cosmetics Highlighter Hotshots: What I like about the lip & cheek tint is that I can give my lips a nice pouty look and give my cheeks a rose-y hue with just one product! Total space saver. I recently purchased the Benefit Cosmetics Highlighter Hotshots from Sephora and I love the sun beam highlighter, its gold shimmer looks great for a natural bronzed goddess look.
Contour & Highlighter Palette
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Contour: Another two-in-one product that’s great for saving space. (Purchased at Walgreens, can also be found at CVS, Target, & Walmart)
Lip Balm & Lip Stick
- Sun Bum Sunscreen Lip Balm: It’s always important to keep your lips hydrated and protected from the sun’s rays, bonus the watermelon smells super yummy! (Purchased at Target)
- Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme: I don’t like to wear a lot of lipstick all the time, but I like to wear this metallic lip creme as night look. I also like that it doesn’t leave my lips feeling dry and chapped. (Purchased at Walgreens, can also be found at Target, Walmart, & CVS)
- Pixie By Petra Glow Mist: (I poured my setting spray into a smaller bottle so it wouldn’t take up as much room) I’ve really been loving this product since the first day i’ve used it. It gives my skin a healthy dewy glow and can be used to set makeup or used to hydrate and nourish skin when your not wearing makeup. (Purchased at Target)
Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes: And once the day is over its time to remove all the dirt and makeup from your skin, this cucumber & sage cleansing towels leave my skin feeling so fresh & so clean without irritating my skin. (Purchased at Target)
The great thing is everything fits perfectly into my makeup bag and perfectly into my suitcase or carryon purse!